The success of any website will solely depend on its web design. A proper website will have the perfect ratio of information and attractive images on it, placed proficiently and in the correct order.
Moreover, the loading speed also needs to be less than 3 seconds if you want to keep your onlookers hooked up to your website. If any of these points are not followed to their ultimate perfection, you are likely to lose customers, potential clients, and bigger business opportunities.
Catching up with web designers and following some of the major principles will work out great in your favor. Here, you get the opportunity to actually look into matters well and check out the best Instagram accounts too.
These expert web designers are more than ready to share their pieces of advice with you, regarding the best principles of web design. You can catch up with the team just like you have asked for, follow their accounts, and finally get hold of the principles as well. Without wasting time, let’s jump straight into details.
Simple is Always The Best:
Always remember that an over-designed website might not always work for you. Putting way too many elements on the same page might lead to some unwanted distractions that visitors don’t want to encounter. Simplicity is subject to work in effective web page designing.
- Cleaner and fresh website design will not only make the site look more appealing but will furthermore help users to navigate through multiple pages in a seamless manner.
- Loading any website with design features that won’t be able to serve the real purpose can always prove to be rather frustrating to go.
- So, make sure and try to keep your designs as simple as you can. It will help to make visitors feel easy usable and they can find their ways well.
The Purpose of The Website:
It is mandatory for your website to accommodate user’s needs first rather than focusing on your subjectivity first. Having a clear intention on all the pages will actually help the user to interact well with what you have to follow.
- Learn what the actual purpose of your website is as that helps to give you an idea of how to decorate this piece of content well.
- You might want to impact some practical information like a guide, or just want to create an entertaining site like sports coverage. Some websites are all here for sales. Be sure to understand your needs first before crafting a masterpiece.
- Websites are known to serve multiple purposes. However, there are core purposes, which remain common through all the websites. Those are generating leads, describing expertise, building reputation, and sales aftercare.
Aiming for The Visual Hierarchy:
It is true that prominent visuals will always get the attention that you have asked for. Visual hierarchy is one major principle behind proper web design. It is the main order in which the human eye might perceive what is going on and what it sees.
- There are some parts of the website which remain more important than the others, such as value proposition, CTA, form, and more. Therefore, it is mandatory for you to add those to gain more attention than those less important parts.
- If you can follow the best design modules, you don’t need to buy 50 likes on Instagram. You are likely to get them for free as people will be more inspired to check out your web design ideas naturally.
- In case the website menu consists of 10 items, not all of them are equally important. Some products will be your big sellers and you want more clicks on them. So, try to add some important links to them to make the items more prominent.
- Moreover, remember that hierarchy will not only come from any size. You can opt for the call to action buttons like “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart” to get some great clicks. Make sure to use popping colors for the same.
Quality and Credibility Should Go Hand in Hand:
It is true that users will always appreciate credibility and quality. So, in case a page is able to provide premium quality content to users, they are always willing to compromise on the content with ads and even the site’s design. This is the main reason why the not well-designed sites with premium quality content will still receive huge traffic with every passing year! Content is always holding the top-notch level over design, which will support it big time.
Users will Always end up Scanning and not Reading:
While analyzing any particular web page, the users will search for some fixed points or anchors, which will later guide them through the page’s content. No one has the time to read through the points well and in detail. So, keeping this point in mind is really important if you want to add the best web design norms to your site. Make your content more interesting y adding pointers and collecting important information under those points.
Focusing on Typefaces is Really Important:
Generally speaking, Sans Serif fonts like Verdana and Arial will be way easier for you to read online. Sans Serif options are contemporary looking fonts and there won’t be any decorative finishes to them.
- Most of the time, the ideal font size for readily online easily will be 16px.
- It is mandatory to stay fixed up to a maximum of 3 typefaces in a maximum of 3 point sizes. That will help to keep your design streamlined.
Aiming for The Perfect Colors:
A properly thought-out color palette will help to enhance the user experience well. Complementary colors will help to create that harmony and balance. Moreover, using contrasting colors for the background and text will make reading easier on the eyes. Keep vibrant colors aside for emotions and must be used sparingly.
Make sure to keep up with these amazing principles while working on web design and you will get the most comprehensive results in the end. You will come to attract more readers than usual.