In this modern and technology advanced world, we bet you that you’ll find no one on this planet who has not yet shop online. E-commerce refers to the online sale and purchase of goods with a variety of stakeholders involved. It’s a virtual business network which operates over the internet.
As per the security concerns for such types of web and mobile applications, security testing must be at the top priority of e-commerce businesses. For this purpose, organizations may involve the e-commerce testing services from third party Quality Assurance companies, in order to not compromise on the various critical factors such as user experience, mobile responsiveness, customer data security, quick load time, and secure transaction.
Security Testing - Critical for the success of e-commerce
E-commerce applications involve quite a large number of customers from all over the world, as they deal with retail, marketing, finance, wholesale, manufacturing, and auctions. Adding more to it, e-commerce is globally observing rapid growth from the past many years.
That’s why organizations must pay intense attention towards the testing of websites and applications and make it a vital part of their e-commerce application development life-cycle. There are many cases of e-commerce application failures, and these failures can be avoided via implementing better testing techniques.
The reason behind the testing of your e-commerce application is to monitor the usability of the application, its user-friendliness, and to make your e-commerce website/application flawless.
Likewise, you need to remember that you must maintain quality assurance standards to demonstrate your commitment to deliver high-quality e-commerce products to customers.
There are four key areas important to consider to test an e-commerce website or application;
Serviceability Testing:The structure of an e-commerce Web or mobile application has four important elements, namely;
- Category Page - The product page contains options such as product size, color, and type. There is a sorting function to filter products based on price, model, size, etc. The category page also has "Add to Cart" or "Add to Wish List" functions.
- Product Illustration Page - This page consists of a short description of the product which makes it easy for the users to understand what actually is the product including; product images, product titles, add to cart feature, etc.
- Feature of Shopping Cart – Products list view, removing the product from the list, cash on delivery option, Select delivery option, card payment, pay now option, etc.
Before conducting a functional test, we need to know a lot about e-commerce websites or applications. The functions mentioned above are usually found in all e-commerce applications, but most of the functions are customized according to business needs.
Application Workflow Testing:Testing of the complete workflow of the e-commerce Web/mobile application includes: sign-in and registration options, exploring/searching feature, publishing of product reviews function, classifying function and others may include;
- Apply the filter to select the desired product
- Add/remove features in the shopping cart
- Checkout process
- Order number and invoice generation
- Payment gateway and payment processing
Remittance Access Operationality:Another key operation to test is the remittance gateway, you must perform a diverse set of tests to ensure that it is functioning properly and provide security when conducting online transactions. The payment and checkout procedures a business must follow;
- E-commerce businesses must monitor whether the price of the product is accurate, whether freight, VAT, discount codes apply, and that the price the customer is willing to pay is the appropriate amount.
- You need to use various payment methods (such as online banking, credit/debit card, PayPal, etc.) to check whether the payment is processed accordingly.
- Makes sure the submission of invoices and emails.
- Refund processes including refund receipts must be working appropriately
Consolidating Social Media:Either it is an ecommerce application or website, social media is the key player for its victory. Whilst, you must ensure that social media integration is well aligned with the website structure and workflow. It is recommended to use A/B testing to test the social media workflow.
We all are well aware of the wonders created by e-commerce applications in user’s life. It provides a variety of benefits to all the stakeholders involved. Therefore, in order to sustain its reputation among the stakeholders, ensuring its security and safety is essential.
Hence, conducting proper e-commerce website application testing companies, a notable reduction can be observed in the number of errors that crop up when you go live with your website or application.